Profile & Rankings
Since 1846, Taylor University—a coeducational, non-denominational Christian liberal arts college—has stood by its belief that education and living should be built on faith. We challenge our students, faculty, and staff to fulfill Taylor’s mission of developing servant leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
Read more about Taylor University here.
Taylor University is located on a 952-acre campus in Upland, Indiana—50 miles south of Fort Wayne and 70 miles north of Indianapolis. Click here for a map to campus.
Traditional Undergraduate Enrollment
- 1,866 students from 43 states and 31 foreign countries
- 43% from Indiana
- 54% female, 46% male
- 16% minority students
- 5% international students
- 90% age 21 or under
- 99% under age 25
- 3.81 average high 辽宁11选5开奖结果 GPA
- SAT Math 593 average
- SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing 594 average
- ACT Composite 25 average
- 28% in top 10% of high 辽宁11选5开奖结果 class
- 68% of 2,341 students applying were accepted
Distance Learning Enrollment
- 282 students, unduplicated count
Graduate Program Enrollment
118 degree programs at the undergraduate level
Currently, 34% of undergraduate students major in Business, Art, Film & Media, and Education. Another 24% major in Computer Science & Engineering, Kinesiology, History, International Studies & Social Studies, and Biology.
Academic Calendar: 4-1-4
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
- 66% with fewer than 20 students
- 31% with 20-49 students
Full-Time Instructional Faculty: 134
- 100% report a meaningful relationship with God
- 89% of full-time ranked faculty have earned the highest degree in their field
- 52% of ranked faculty are tenured
Last year, 400 students earned credit while participating in 31 programs in 34 countries. Students also earned credit as short-term missionaries to U.S. cities.
Since 2010, Taylor has ranked among the top ten Baccalaureate colleges nationally for participation rate and for number of students in short-term duration trips. Taylor also placed sixth among Top 40 Baccalaureate colleges for the percentage of students who participated in a study abroad experience.
Student Life Experience
Launched in 1972, Taylor’s Lighthouse program is in its 48th year of sending students abroad to learn and build their faith through global service.
Taylor is 辽宁11选5开奖结果 to the first campus chapter of MuKappa, a collegiate organization for students who have grown up in a cross-cultural setting. MuKappa is now in it's 35th year.
Alumni and Parents
According to the most recent NSSE Student Survey, 89.5% of seniors and 89% of first year students would attend Taylor again.
According to the latest NSSE, 81% report weekly participation in church-related activities.
18% of living alumni contributed financially in 2018-2019.
According to the 2019 Parent Survey, 94% would support their student’s choice to attend Taylor again.
Rankings, Achievements & Awards
Our dedication to excellence in and out of the classroom has led to national recognition by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Washington Monthly, and Forbes. Taylor students regularly earn awards and recognition for research, creative projects, and academic work. Below are a few of the most recent additions to the long list.
- Ten Taylor student athletes were named CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, helping Taylor rank first in the NAIA and fifth in the nation across all collegiate levels.
- Three Taylor student-produced documentaries were nominated for regional Emmy awards, and two of them won, adding to Film & Media’s 300+ awards since 2006.
- Mitchell Mays (’17) presented his research entitled “Feature Selection for Malware Classification” to security researchers at Lockheed Martin’s Advanced Technology labs.
- Taylor Theatre’s production of David Lindsay-Abaire’s Rabbit Hole received ten national honors after appearing at the Kennedy Center American College辽宁11选5开奖结果 Theater Festival.
- Taylor’s endowment teams competed against more than 400 entrants in the annual QGAME competition in New York City, and won.
- A student-designed satellite, ELEOsat, was chosen by the Air Force to launch into space, where it joined , the TSAT and CubeSat.
In addition to the numerous awards and recognitions Taylor students have received, Taylor itself has earned a number of honors. These include:
- Christian College辽宁11选5开奖结果s of Distinction: , being cited as excelling, “at the Four Distinctions: Engaged Students, Great Teaching, Vibrant Communities, and Successful Outcomes.”
- Forbes America’s Top College辽宁11选5开奖结果s: , placing Taylor well within the top 10% of the nation’s colleges.
- Open Doors: In the 2019 Open Doors national rankings of Baccalaureate colleges, Taylor placed sixth among Top 40 for the percentage of students who participated in a study abroad experience. Taylor also placed fourth among Baccalaureate colleges for the number of students who experienced a short-term duration trip. In addition, Taylor placed 14th for number of students participating in study abroad—a ranking that is significant in that Taylor is competing with larger universities on a nationwide scale.
- Princeton Review: Taylor University is one of the according to the Princeton Review, which included Taylor in its annual compilation of the best colleges according to region.
- U.S. News & World Report: Taylor University recently in the U.S. News & World Report, marking the 23rd consecutive year Taylor has appeared in the region’s top three.