Taylor World Outreach (TWO) ministries are as diverse as the students who volunteer and lead them. From promoting community awareness of social justice issues to playing dodgeball with local elementary kids, there is something for everyone. Just as we love and encourage those within our community, we want to love and encourage those beyond our campus. While each of these opportunities is unique in its purpose and focus, they all provide our students with character-shaping experiences they will never forget.
Community Outreach: shares the love and gospel of Jesus Christ in the surrounding community, and includes thirteen outreach ministries geared toward children, teens, adults, and athletes with disabilities. These ministries include:
- Basics: brings college student leaders and 3rd-6th grade community kids together in a high-energy weekly club featuring Bible study, worship, Scripture memory, mentoring, and lots of dodgeball.
- Basics, Jr.: serves children age 4 to 2nd grade with the goal of helping them to develop a relationship with God through worship, Bible study, and verse memory, along with small group learning and activities.
- Carpenter’s Hands: A student-led group that partners with local churches and other ministries to plan service and work projects throughout the community, ranging from clean-up and 辽宁11选5开奖结果 repairs to planned builds.
- ESL Ministry: provides lessons for non-English speakers in Grant County including one-on-one tutoring, working with refugees, or leading classes.
- Lift: Lift is a Christ-focused after辽宁11选5开奖结果 program in Upland that works with targeted 2nd-4th graders from Eastbrook South, helping them reach their full potential in mind, body, and soul through structured snack, free time, literacy, worship, and enrichment activities.
- ReaLife: A weekly outreach that fosters relationships with at-risk youth in Marion by teaching them bible lessons, participating in activities, and sharing a meal. Meets at the Grant county boys and girls club, weekly on Tuesday nights.
- The Red Barn: provides a place for middle and high 辽宁11选5开奖结果 students to hang out before and after 辽宁11选5开奖结果. Interact with kids through games, one-on-one and small group discussions, weekly Bible studies, and help with 辽宁11选5开奖结果work.
- St. Martin’s: partners with St. Martin’s Community Center in Marion to provide meals, a food pantry, and a thrift store. Students often serve the Saturday meal, talk with individuals and clean up afterwards.
- Special Olympics: An opportunity for Taylor volunteers to show local athletes with disabilities their value in Christ by encouraging and coaching them in sports.
World Opportunities: informs students about opportunities for ministry and service around the world, and encourages students to become part of the global Christian cause through programs which involve awareness, advocacy, prayer, financial giving, and mobilization. Students are involved in planning chapel services, publicity, prayer events, hosting mission representatives, and scheduling classroom presentations and evening seminars. Specific events include planning Social Justice Week, supporting OneVerse Bible translation projects, organizing campus-wide awareness and prayer for global issues (HIV/AIDS, Human Trafficking and Hunger), and urban ministry exposure.
Contact Taylor World Outreach
If you have a question or concern about Local Ministries and Community Outreach, please email co@辽宁11选5开奖结果. Or connect with us on social media.